BathParty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brief Notes on Weaponry and Combat

Go down

Brief Notes on Weaponry and Combat Empty Brief Notes on Weaponry and Combat

Post by Storyteller Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:38 pm

Go as in-depth in your description as you like. I will assume competence if you don't wish to go into fine details. I'm not expecting any technical knowledge (I have very little either, so wouldn't be a good judge of it if you did).

Some general rules of thumb:

- Spears and pole-arms will beat swords/closer weapons nine times out of ten.
- Mounted fighters excel... but only if they are moving.
- Unless you are in range, running away is the safest option. You are a heroic adventurer though, so competence will be assumed when you do engage.

If you are going more in-depth (unless explicitly stated, I will assume these rules are followed):

- Strike at structural points (eyebrows, ears, jaw, short ribs, hips, knees, ankles). They are much, much harder to defend and are more effective when they hit.
- Don't defend without threatening an opponent - don't attack if you will be hit doing so.
- Be creative and go with the flow! Sometimes pommel strikes, hitting with the cross-guard, grapples, kicks, and grabbing the opponent's weapon are not only cool, but the best option.

If you decide to go into details, I will do my best to provide images of how the opponent is standing/holding their weapon, as it can be very hard to effectively describe.
Storyteller
Storyteller
Admin

https://bathparty.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum